Sunday, April 8, 2018

Episode 390

Playlist for Episode 390:

1. Let Me Go Lover - Patti Page
2. Marionette - Toots Thielemans
3. The Last Time I Saw Her - Glen Campbell
4. Night Train - The 4 Instants
5. Along Comes Mary - The Association
6. Acapulco Affair - 101 Strings
7. Dawn of Correction - The Living Voices
8. Tears - Antonio Carlos Jobim
9. The Odd Couple (Vocal) - Neal Hefti & Chorus
10. Frenesi - Augie Colon
11. Hunter's Return - Fess Parker
12. You Don't Have to Say You Love Me - Chim Kothari
13. Lazybones - Harry Connick Jr.
14. Baja - The Surf Mariachis
15. El Rancho Grande - The Tune Wranglers
16. Bird of Paradise - The Voices of Walter Schumann
17. Kathy's Song - Simon & Garfunkel
18. Perry Mason - Dick Dia
19. And I Love Him - Helen Merrill
20. Salud, Amor y Dinero - Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass
21. Nochecita - Eydie Gorme & The Trio Los Panchos
22. The San Francisco Treat - Vintage Rice-a-Roni commercial

Podcast located at The Spin-O-Rama Hour Episode 390.


ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
The Spin-O-Rama Hour has been bringing you music from "the good ol' days" since 2009, and it has been a wonderful ride! We have decided that 2018 will be the final year for this podcast, but we will continue our newer podcast The Spin-O-Rams 70s Hour, which we started in 2017.
The final episode for The Spin-O-Rama Hour will be episode 400, and we will alternate with a new episode and an episode "from-the-vault" until we reach our final show.
But we are working on setting up a web page where you can go listen to ALL the episodes (sort of like an internet "radio station") plus other classic tunes from that era. We'll keep you updated on that.
We are so very grateful to all of you for tuning in to our episodes and for your comments and requests. So please stick with us this year, and continue to listen to our past episodes and new episodes!
Much love to all of you from your Hostess with the Mostest!



Feel free to post your song/artist requests any time!

Be sure to become a fan of The Spin-O-Rama Hour on Facebook!

The Spin-O-Rama Hour can now be heard on the following stations! Please visit their websites and "Like" them on Facebook:
Just FM 107.7
Topcat FM 107.1
Retrosounds Radio
Humboldt 101 
Raceway 107.2 FM 

2 comments:

TheLastSpear said...

I just saw your announcement about closing this podcast and I want to say I'm very sad to see you go. I've enjoyed it since I found it in December of 2015. As a matter of fact, this is not only my favorite music podcast, it's my favorite podcast, period. I don't come here to the blog site because I subscribe through iTunes, so I didn't know you had two other blogs; Stax O'Wax and The Spin-O-Rama 70s Hour. I searched for both of them in the iTunes podcast store, but I couldn't find them or even this one, The Spin-O-Rama Hour. Do you not offer them through iTunes?

BTW, the link on this blog to The Spin-O-Rama 70s Hour doesn't work. It looks like the "http//..." is missing the colon ("http://...").

Esther said...

Hi, TheLastSpear!
Thanks so much for your kind comments! I am very honored and flattered that this is your favorite podcast! :-)
I did submit both podcasts to iTunes and got back emails saying they were set up, so I don't know why they aren't listed. I'll have to look into that.
Stax o' Wax is my now closed blog where I used to share my record collection. Those links are all gone now (the website where I uploaded them is gone), but you can still look through the blog and see the pictures and what I wrote.
The link to The Spin-O-Rama 70s Hour is now fixed!
Thanks!